Ok, well I did do more than shopping. We got a lot done around the house this weekend. Cody mowed the lawn so we are no longer hillbillies, unless you count our pseudo "garage." But at least we don't have a forest in our backyard anymore. I also got some general cleaning done around the house and the best part of all...we worked on Owen's room! I am happy to say that his room is now 9o% done. Yes, that's right, there's still 10% but it's mostly small things and I vow to get them done very soon. Mostly just putting some pictures in frames and hanging one last thing on the wall. I'm hoping to get those 2 things done this weekend and THEN I'll take some pictures and post them. It's amazing how much a room can change with just a few finishing touches! It looks so cute now and I just love it!
As for my shopping, regardless of what my husband would say, I think it was productive. I got some winter clothes for Owen on sale at Kohl's and a few things for a certain little lady's baby shower that's coming up very soon! It was nice to get out and about by myself without someone screaming at me while trying to shop! Leaving Owen was nice, too. Hahaha. The boys had some good bonding time that I think they really enjoyed. Although when I got home Owen was walking around in his diaper and a t-shirt. Cody said they gave up on shorts a long time ago! Sounds like it was hectic, but still enjoyed! We decided to skip out on the fair because we just didn't want to put up with the traffic, heat, and Owen with no nap. Does that mean we're getting old?
I did get an interesting phone call this weekend. My friend, Eric, whom I've known since I was about 6 called me. I haven't talked to him in a couple of years so it was nice to hear from him. He lives in Omaha, which is only a few hours from us so we are hoping to get out for a visit sometime but who knows when. Eric said he'd been checking out the blog but he hadn't ever posted. So to all you old friends out there who might be stopping by, let us know you're here! We'd love to hear how things are going in your lives!
Monday, August 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment