Why is it that I always seem to need a vacation from my vacation? :) Although it is always a fun time for me, it always wears me out. I can't imagine how my poor mother feels. She took care of my son more than I did, and took care of Maddy as well. Not to mention cooking lunches and meals for 13 people every day! She is a saint, I believe. Some people asked me why I didn't have a single picture of her in all the Glade pictures. It's because she was always working and I never got one of her!!! I don't think you can ever truly appreciate your mother until you become one yourself. Now that I am a mother, I see all the hard work it takes to keep a family going and I am so thankful that I had such a great example in my mother. I always tell her that she is a "burnt toast" kind of person--meaning she will gladly eat the burnt toast so that everyone else can be happy with the good toast. I think that's what makes a mom a good mom-she goes out of her way to make sure we are happy. Either that or she just doesn't want to hear us all bitch about having to eat the burnt toast. :) Either way, she's a great mom. I love you, Mama!
I got a little sidetracked from my point, which was to say that we haven't been up to a whole heck of a lot this week. I've been unpacking and trying to get the house picked up--which for me is a neverending battle. Today Owen and I drove to Pella to have lunch with Cody since he went golfing after work last night and didn't see Owen at all yesterday. We had a good time at the Mexican restuarant. Owen was dancing to the music in his highchair! It was too cute. He ate some chicken fingers and french fries--which he has really started to love.
This weekend we are hoping to get some work done around the house. Our lawn is starting to look like a forest. All we need is a car in the front yard on blocks and we could officially be hillbillies. We are also hoping to finish up Owen's room. That's right, our child turned 17 months old 2 days ago and his room is not yet finished. It's just some finishing touches--hanging stuff on the walls and stuff, but we just never got around to it. I'll take a picture when it's done and post it.
But for now, I think I'll continue to be as lazy as I can and go watch a little TV before Owen wakes up from his nap. I'll post some more pics of him later in the week. We may hit the State Fair this weekend so I'll take pictures of that if we do. He's changing everyday....yesterday he said, "Up!" and pointed up with his arm. It was too cute! He can sometimes tell you where his nose is but he has to use your hand to point it out. He's such a little ham! Hope you're all having a good day!
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you sooooo much. I am so glad you had a great vacation--mine was PERFECT! I loved the time spent with everyone---especially little Owen and Maddy!
Grandma Glodo
It's amazing how much our moms sacrifice to make us happy. And dads too. I can only hope that I can give my kids what they have given us. We are very lucky to have the wonderful famly that we do. Couldn't have hand picked them any better!
Yeah, I don't think I got any pics of your mom either! That's probably because she was always doing our dishes! I think she spent half her vacation at the dishwasher in the condo! LOL
Post a Comment