Yes, that's right the Nomads (I'm thinking about change our last name to this...what do you think?) are on the move again. I swear my child is going to grow up thinking he lives in our van! I keep telling myself that although I'm dragging my child all over this green earth, he is getting to spend lots of quality time with all his grandparents and the rest of his family that loves him so much. But I have to say, honestly, I will be glad when there's a lull in the traveling and I don't have to pack and unpack bag after bag after bag. Unfortunately, I don't think that lull will come until November!!! But we are loving every minute we get to spend with our family.
This week we are headed to Murphysboro. It will just be Owen and me this trip as we are going while Daddy is working. We leave tomorrow and come back next Wednesday. We have Grandpa Steve to thank for the extended stay. He is going on a trip himself and won't be back until Monday so we agreed to stay a few days extra so he could spend some time with Owen. Really, I think it was some sort of scheme on Grandma's part to not only get Owen all to herself but to get him to stay longer as well! Either way, we are excited to be there for almost a week. We're also hopeful that Cody might be able to finish painting our new front door, paint the shutters to actually match the new door (right now door is blue and shutters are green!), and stain the woodwork around the door. These are all tasks that are difficult to do with Owen around the house. Wish him luck!
We are actually going for my cousin Beth's baby shower that I am helping host. I am so excited for the day to finally be here! I feel like we have been planning this thing for a year! So much anticipation and it is finally here. Cody and his friends at work make fun of me for all the planning that I put into stuff like this. But I enjoy it and I hope she enjoys it Sunday as much I did planning it! We decided to do a night shower since everyone has the day off on Monday so that should be fun. Owen will be spending the evening with Uncle Ryan (Beth's husband) and Uncle Matt (Beth's brother). Ryan has also volunteered to watch another 1 year old at the same time so this should be very interesting. Ah, to be a fly on that wall. My only hope is that my child is breathing when I get home. I feel this is about the only expectation I can have!
Well, I have been trying to include pictures of Owen with this post for 2 days now and for some reason it's not working. So I guess for now you'll just have to settle for my writing. :) Have a happy Labor Day weekend!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment