Travis and Jasmine are our friends who Cody met through work. They have 2 little girls and we all love getting together from time to time. However, on Friday night the girls were at Grandma's for the night so Travis and Jas came over for a night of dinner and poker! I made a great Weight Watchers dish which everyone enjoyed and then we proceeded to drink and eat Twizzlers and pretzels while we played poker. Pretty much defeats the purpose of the WW dinner, eh? But we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless! Jasmine and I took the guys out and then we duked it out. She offered to quit and split the pot but I got greedy and said I wanted it all. I was eating my words in the end when she took me out! LOL Here's a pic of the proud winner:
On Saturday Jasmine and I woke up bright and early to head over to Iowa City for a spa and shopping day. The boys bought us gift certificates for Valentine's Day and we're just now cashing them in! We have all been so busy that this was the first chance we had. The spa was WONDERFUL! We each got a full body massage and a facial. Our only complaints were that my room was a little chilly and Jasmine felt the woman beat her up a bit. Other than that, we had a great time! I had never had a facial before so that was a neat experience. I swear she put about 10 different things on my face. But it was great!
After the spa we had lunch and then did a little shopping. I didn't get home until 6:45pm! I can't remember the last time I got to leave the house and miss feeding Owen ALL 3 meals! Of course, wouldn't you know the one day I leave he decides he's going to start signing "eat." I guess it only matters that he did and not that I missed it! He was also wearing socks when I walked in the door. His own socks even! This is the child who would never keep his socks on so I was quite surprised to see him walking around the house in them.
Today was the Dads' day and they played 27 holes of golf. I'm told Travis played his best 18 ever so they decided to go for another 9. I really think they just wanted to get back at the girls for being gone so long yesterday! Either way, they had a good time and it was a nice way to cap off a great weekend.
I'll leave you with a funny conversation that ensued when I came in yesterday and asked about Owen wearing socks. Here's how it went:
I said to Cody, "Why's he wearing socks?"
"We went outside to play for a bit."
"Oh, so you put his tennis shoes on him?"
"No, I just put the sandals over his socks because I couldn't find his tennis shoes."
"They're in his closet."
"He has a closet?"
Gotta love those Dads! :)
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! Is this what I have to look forward to? Come on, Cody, tell me you were joking! Your child is a year and a half old and you didn't know he had his own closet!!! He has his own bathroom too, you know. You put the tile down in there, remember? Love you Cody, but that is hilarious!!!
Yeah, and he hung the doors on said closet! I asked him last night about it and he said he thought I meant we had a closet for him dounstairs somewhere. Not sure if I believe that one! :)
I heard that the 3rd round of golf was becuase Cody didn't do so well on the other round....
A little birdie told me that!!
Hmmm....I think these little birdies need to get their story straight before they tell it, don't you?
Post a Comment