Well, it's been a few weeks since we took our vacation in Bolingbrook but I had so many great pictures that I thought I would share them. We had such a great visit with everyone. It was so nice to be there for 10 days and not have to rush around trying to get everything done in 36 hours! We visited with family and friends, went to the Morton Aboretum, Shedd Aquarium, and most importantly, the Brookfield Zoo.
I had to get a picture of Owen with Gramma Linda because she is always the one behind the camera and they never get their picture taken together--kinda like me, I guess!
One night we went over to Jesse and Abbie's house to visit (Cody's brother and his girlfriend). Owen had so much fun playing with his cousin, Luca. He had a field day with all of Luca's toys!
We went out back at their house and Owen had fun riding bikes with Luca. He still had a little trouble getting the hang of it so Daddy had to help him.
Luca is crazy about his Uncle Cody, but what kid isn't? I think it's because he relates to them so well on their level. haha.
This is a picture of my two boys walking through the Children's Garden at the aboretum that was just too cute for me to pass up. We also made the brave decision to take Owen on a 1 hour tram ride, during his nap time no less, through the aboretum. I thought we were making a huge mistake but it turned out to be the best day we've ever had together! It was so relaxing and enjoyable and Owen just loved it. He kept saying, "Weeee!!!!" and pointing out different birds and stuff. We saw a blue heron and he said, "Flamingo, flamingo!!!" Of course, we did have to pack him full of teddy grahams and peanut butter crackers to sustain that happiness but hey, whatever works, right?!
Looking at the penguins at Shedd.
Watching the feeding of the whales. I know it's just the back of his head but he was so cute! He just stood there mesmerized!
Probably our favorite part of the trip, the zoo.
Looking at butterflies
He thought it was so neat when one landed on Gramma's shoulder!
Here he is trying to climb in with the ducks and in the next picture, the elephants. He was so upset with us when we wouldn't let him get in with the animals! He just didn't understand why he couldn't do it!
So there's our vacation in a nut shell. Now we're looking forward to our next vacation over Labor Day weekend in the Ozarks with my 2 best friends and their husbands and kids. 6 adults and 5 kids 3 and under--are we crazy or what?! At least we outnumber them!


2 comments:
It was SO great to see all of you on this trip. We never get to see Owen. He's always sleeping at Gramma Lynn's - since we always get together after 10 pm. LOL Owen is just TOO cute. He's going to be a great big brother. I hope you are feeling better. Give your boys (Cody and Owen) hugs and kisses for us!
Love, Susie
Good golly girl, don't you have a program to make me look better in pictures? LOL now everyone knows why I stay BEHIND the camera heheee! Anyway, it was GREAT seeing you all and we love you much!!!!
Hugs to you all!!!
Love,
L.
Post a Comment