Thursday, August 30, 2007
The Infirmary
Well, here we are going on two weeks of being sick and really with no signs of feeling any better. I actually was feeling better on Monday when I went to the doctor and then he pumped me full of drugs and now I feel worse! I made a call this morning and will hopefully be on my way back there sometime today, provided I feel well enough to shower and make myself presentable. At this point I think presentable would be brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and clothes that don't look too wrinkled to wear! Of course, the trip will be horrible because I have to take Owen with me. He loves to play with the toys in the waiting room but is not very happy when I drag him out of there to actually see the doctor. To top it all off, he woke up yesterday with a runny nose and sneezing every 3 minutes--and that's no exaggeration! He continues to do the same today, maybe a little less sneezing but also with a fever. He still seems to be his same old happy little self though! I wish I could say the same for myself. My head feels like it's going to explode and I'm pretty sure that sometime in the last two weeks I have coughed up at least one lung. How I'm ever going to get our entire family packed and go on a vacation tomorrow I will never know. Why is it that stay-at-home moms don't get sick days with our jobs? I think I'm going to have to add those into my contract.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling better. I will be thinking of you!
Good Luck with those contract negotiations -- I've been trying to get sick days for 34 years!!!
Auntie Gaye
Sarah - Hope you get to feeling better. I'm not so sure that "sick days" fit into the description of a mother!! Hope you had a good trip.
Wahhhh! We all get sick, I'm taking claritin, sudafed and mucinex all together to function now and have to drive 40 miles one way to work, in traffic, work 8-10 hrs then drive back home. The difference is that you get to stay home and feel bad. I'm out making moves and making money and you're watching Elmo. Suck it up sis!
The difference, dear nephew, is that when you get home you can rest or if you're really feeling bad, you can stay home from work without any children, laundry, or housework to take care of -- stay-at-home moms don't get to do that -- the "job" is there 24/7. And kudos to all you working moms for holding down 2 jobs!
Well said, Auntie Gaye! I couldn't have said it better myself!
Post a Comment