I never did talk about my doctor's appointment from Tuesday so I thought I'd just post a quick update. Everything with the baby seems to be going well. My friend, Dawn (she's a nurse), had mentioned to me that she thought the "I'm a boy!" ultrasound picture could be a little doubtful so I decided to ask the doctor about it. He looked at it and said he didn't think there was any doubt, nor did the doctor who interpreted all my ultrasound pics. He said had there been any doubt, that doctor would have said so. So I guess there are never any guarantees but we're still fairly certain it's a boy. I was panicking because I thought I might need to be out shopping for girl clothes! :) The baby's heart rate was 144 bpm, and the doctor said, "Wow, you are pretty consistent!" He continued to name off a number of appointments where the HR was 143 or 144 bpm. I'm surprised it's not 190 with the way this little guy moves all the time! It feels like he's doing back flips in there lately!
Unfortunately, I am not doing quite as well as the baby. My nausea is still pretty bad so I had to be put on yet another kind of prenatal vitamin to see if that would help. But with the help of some anti-nausea medication (my best friend in pregnancy!), I'm able to make it through my days with a toddler who has decided that he'd rather nap less often these days! My baby is growing up! I am also still coughing pretty badly. I believe Monday will start the 7th week of that. I told the doctor about it and said that I was also feeling some shortness of breath at times. He listened to my lungs and said that I was wheezing so much I sounded like an asthmatic. So he put me on an inhaler 3 times a day, which I have to say is not as easy to do as they make it look on TV! I'm still not sure I'm doing it correctly and that it's getting into my lungs but I'm doing what I can! If anyone has any tips for me, bring 'em on! I'm just hoping this will all clear up soon and that it doesn't turn into anything more serious.
So that about sums it up! I'm off to try to get this kid to take a little rest so I can get one in, too!
Friday, September 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey - inhalers can be your best friend! I take a deep breath for 3 seconds, shoot it in your mouth, hold your breath for 5 seconds and then exhale. Easy as pie!
I sure do hope you get to feeling better....Christmas shopping is almost needing to be done!
That's basically what I'm doing but I still don't feel like I'm doing it right! I feel like it's just staying in my mouth and not moving down my throat. I don't know if it just feels that way but it's really doing more than I think or what!
Christmas?!?! How can you think about Christmas before Halloween and Thanksgiving?!?! But you know me, I'm always well enough to do a little shopping! ;)
I hear the Good Will is having a huge Christmas sale. No need to shop anywhere else this year ladies!
Sincerely,
fruglehubby30@stopwifespending.com
Gee, I wonder who that last message is from...maybe my dear hubby will know. :)
Post a Comment