CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2007

A Day Out With Thomas

On Saturday we traveled up to Boone, IA, about an hour from here to go to "A Day Out With Thomas." It is at a railroad station where they bring an actual Thomas the Tank Engine that takes you on a ride! They had lots of other fun stuff to do like a straw maze, petting zoo, trains to play with, and a jump house. We all had so much fun together! Owen just kept saying, "Thomas tickets! Thomas tickets!" when we first got there because earlier in the week he was with me when I ordered the tickets on line. I also don't think he quite got that we were riding on Thomas but he still had fun!

The big guy himself, Thomas. You could wait in a VERY long line to sit in front of him and get your picture taken but Owen just didn't have the stamina to endure the line!


Mommy and Owen on the train. Cody was so good to make sure that I got in my fair share of pictures this time around, which was so nice!


The Conductor on the train came through each car (and there were many) to see the kids and he would even take a picture with them. I didn't think Owen would stand with him for a picture so I just took one of the Conductor. Owen kept saying, "Hi, Conductor!"

Getting his Thomas "tattoo," Grampa Gary must be so proud!


Here he is checking out his tattoo. He has had more fun with it that I have been afraid to give him a bath because I'm not sure what he'll do when it washes off. Alas, we cannot put it off any longer so I guess it's bye, bye Thomas! It's all he's talked about since he got it and we even had to call a few people on the phone so he could tell them about his Thomas tattoo.

Coloring Thomas


He LOVED playing with the trains that they had set up under the tents. Looks like we're going to have to get him a set for Christmas!


His favorite thing at the petting zoo, the baby pigs. They were the only animal that he actually reached through the cage to pet. He would never feed any of the animals but he kept taking Cody's hand and putting it up to their mouths for him to feed them.

One tent had live music in it.


Owen joining in with the band.


Meeting Sir Topham Hatt. He couldn't wait to get up there and see him, he kept trying to push through the other people in line in front of us! Of course, once we got up there I had to get in the picture with him and he was so much in awe that he wouldn't smile for the cameras! Oh well, at least he didn't cry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved the Thomas Pictures--Of course, Owen must have a Thomas Train Set for Christmas!
Love, Grandma & Grandpa Glodo

Emily said...

Great pictures! Owen looks so sweet feeding the baby pigs. Looks like you had a great time!