Last night Owen was watching Elmo on TV, as he often does lately since he is seriously obsessed with that little red monster these days. Usually when he watches TV he stands in front of the coffee table. Not sure why, maybe to be as close to Elmo as possible or maybe for a quick getaway to the other room. Who knows? Anyway, I left the room to get something out of the kitchen and came back to find Owen just chilling in the recliner watching TV. It was the funniest thing since he never does that. He sort of glanced at me with his eyes as I took a picture of him as if to say, "
Please, don't bother me while I'm watching Elmo.":

Then with my wonderful distraction tactics I got him to smile for a couple:


Maybe he's just gearing up for watching the big game this weekend?
4 comments:
Well, we're going to a friend's house for the game so who knows whose chair he'll be stealing there! I'm sure he'll be too busy playing with the big girls to even watch the game! He LOVES playing with those girls!
What is it with boys and their recliner? Since we got ours last May, Dusty takes control of it every night. And now Logan is no better. They fight over it like two 10-year olds! In the morning or after school, as soon as Logan approaches the living room, he heads straight to the recliner! And he's usually having a snack. So what's even cuter is seeing Toby patiently sitting on the arm of the recliner waiting for a nibble! So just wait, the fun will begin between Owen and Cody (and not to mention Murphy, too)!
By the way, is the Urlacher figure down? Send my sympathies to Cody for his loss. :(
Actually, Uncle Brian, as he is referred to in our house, is still on the wall. I thought I better wait at least a few days before I rip him from the wall--just to ease the pain a little for Cody. :)
Post a Comment