Yes, that's right, folks. I am sorry to say that I am having another surgery tomorrow morning. After I had my D&C I was having some pain in my lower right abdominal area. It turns out that it was a hernia, which was completely unrelated to the D&C. So, tomorrow I'm headed to out-patient surgery to have it repaired. I'm trying to stay positive that the powers that be don't have it out for me in some way or another, this being my 2nd surgery of the year. Wow, 2007 has really started off with a bang thus far! This is so not how I pictured things going in my life if you had asked me about this 6 months ago. But, as I said, I'm trying to remain positive. The good news is that this is such a routine surgery these days and it shouldn't hurt too terribly bad. It can't hurt worse than a C-Section, right?
The biggest problem is that the doctor said he doesn't want me lifting anything for a MONTH afterward! Those of you with small children know that that is not even possible! So, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do to avoid such situations, which is where the decision on whether to go back to Murphysboro comes in. If I go there, Auntie Gaye can help me out during the day so that I don't have to lift Owen. My mom is on her way here today and will stay here for a week. Thank God for Moms!!!! I will see the doctor next Wednesday and see if he still feels I should wait a month to lift Owen, assess how I feel, and then decide from there. So, it's possible Owen and I may be back on the road again soon. At least this time I won't have to drive! I'm sure I'll be on this weekend and let everyone know how the surgery goes. And for those of you still on the edge of your seats, still no decision made on the vacuum.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment