A few months ago, Owen started reading a few words here and there. Now, as I type this, he is sitting here next to me reading "Goodnight Moon" aloud. It is amazing how far he has come in just a few short months. However, we have discovered a few downsides to his ability at times. Like the other day in my bathroom as I was getting ready and he and Cameron were pulling stuff out of the drawers...
"Mommy, can you play with this?"
"Play with what?"
"With this [holding up a box of tampons]...you can play with it!"
"No, honey, you can't play with that."
"Sure you can! It says 'Playtex,' see? That means you can play with it!"
I'm trying to be proud of the fact that he can read and not focus so much on what he's reading.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just read your story out loud to the Harries and we all LOL'd! Such a funny and endearing story!
Sorry, the Harrises!!! LOL!
At least he didn't ask what it was for...Madison thinks its a pad for when your butt gets sore so you can sit on it. As far as I'm concerned thats all we need to know at this point.
Post a Comment