
Mommy, not so much. Not for the fact that he is almost walking because, believe me, no one has ever been more ready for one child to walk than I am for this one. I think there are so many things that are easier once they can stand/walk on their own. Yes, you have to chase them when they run off but you can actually put them down in public places. And you can take them outside and watch them run in the yard. So I am more than ready. What I don't like about this whole walker thing is that he loves it so much he wants to do it all the time. Which wouldn't be so bad if this thing had even an ounce of steering capability for a 16-month-old. Wheels that turn would be a nice addition. Because really, what person just walks continually in a straight line forever? And who has a room in their home that allows a person to walk continually in a straight line forever? So our days of late have been spent with Cameron excitedly walking with the walker the moment he hits the basement. He walks for a bit, hits a wall, turns around and looks at me, then lets out a loud scream that says, "I've hit a wall. It is your purpose in life to redirect me, follow me, and then repeat this entire process when I hit another wall. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?" Or something like that. You can see a little evidence of this exchange here, although this video doesn't really do it justice:
I'm hoping we'll be out of this phase soon and quickly move into the "I'm going to run away from you in this public place so you will have to chase after me while people laugh at you" phase. Gotta run, I hear the screams now!
0 comments:
Post a Comment