

He then informed us that we needed candles and there should be four. Then he said, "Now you should sing to me."
After Cameron woke up from his shorter-than-normal nap (naturally) we went out to eat at Owen's favorite restaurant, Okoboji Grill. He had a ball when they sang to him:
For some reason, Owen has had an obsession with this Disabled Parking sign in their parking lot. When he was around 2 he used to just stop and inspect it every time we went there. Then one time I took his picture standing by it on my cell phone. Now every time we go there he wants me to take his picture in front of him. It was his birthday so I obliged.

I believe that concludes our whirlwind tour of Owen's 4th birthday. Stops that weren't captured on film but still noteable include: the bike that Mommy and Daddy got him which he got on in the house but when asked if he wanted to take it outside and ride it he replied, "No, I'll just stay in the house."; Owen asking us repeatedly throughout the day if his birthday was over. We finally told him it was over when he went to bed that night. When he got in bed he said, "Now, my birthday is over."; and finally, his repeated attempts to inform us that although he is now 4, he will be 5 next March. And who says he doesn't live in the moment?
3 comments:
The cake turned out great! Happy Birthday, Owen!
We can't wait to see you this weekend!
Happy B-Day Owen!!!! The cake looks great, I have never seen whatever that thing is, but it makes a cool looking cake!!!
Oh, and that makes 2 votes agains Homer, because I'm with you!
Such fun birthday stories! Happy Birthday, Owen! Thanks for sharing ..and you rocked it on the cake!
Post a Comment