CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Big Bubba Turns 4!!

We had an action-packed weekend at the Muhs household, which is why I'm just getting around to posting for Owen's birthday. Saturday was his big day and we started the morning off opening gifts that family members sent him. He was so excited when he woke up and saw all the packages waiting for him downstairs! I wanted to post pictures of him opening them all since the gift-givers didn't get to see first-hand.
Opening Auntie Gaye & Uncle Jay's gift.

They got him the above Thomas DVD, Thomas underwear, and a Thomas book. Apparently, they are well aware of his love of Thomas. ;) And love it, he did!

Opening a gift from G'ma & G'pa Glodo. They sent him some cool t-shirts, a Cars towel that he adored, and money!

I had to take a picture of this. He stacked his gifts like this all by himself after he opened them. Just like his daddy. ;)

Spencer the train from the Brooks Bunch--a big hit!

Puzzles and books from Gramma Lynn. These are 2 of Owen's favorite things right now. He is starting to read on his own and is able to read some of the first reader books she got him. And the puzzle is a 100 piece 4-foot floor puzzle. We all had a good time with that!


We had to wait until later in the day to open Grampa Gary and Gramma Linda's gift. Cody had taken it out of the box and assembled it the night before and we hid it in the garage under a blanket.


And this is what it is! It's called a KettCar. It's pretty cool and he loves it! The seat slides so he will be able to ride it until he's about 8 or 9. His favorite part is that handle on the right side, which are the breaks. I think it's so cool that I have now made it my goal to lose enough weight to meet the weight limit on it so I can try it out. I'll keep you posted.
He also opened some lovely cards from friends and family that morning. Then we headed out for a day of family fun! I will do pictures of that in another post. Stay tuned for lots more birthday madness!

0 comments: