CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Firing Squad

The boys and I made our way down to Murphysboro last Monday. The trip went well. Or as well as an 8 hour trip with a near-4-year-old and a 1-year-old can go. However, it seems once we got here, things have only gone downhill. Wednesday morning we were hanging out over at Beth's house and Cameron was very crabby. I took him to her room to see if he would nap in the Pack 'N Play. He went to sleep and woke up about 20 minutes later, crying. I went to check on him and he was covered in vomit. :( Needless to say, after cleaning him up we packed up our stuff and got out of there faster than Beth could say, "I don't need a vomiting newborn!" He continued to vomit once we got home and spent most of the afternoon napping on Auntie Gaye, who was kind enough to stay and help me. Why did I need help, you ask? Only a few hours later, Owen decided he'd like to get in on the action. And then just to round out the family fun, I thought I might as well join them. Thank God for Grandma who took care of all of us that night, as well as taking the day off from work the next day. The boys felt better by Thursday but it was late Thursday night, early Friday morning before I felt like I could even stand up.

We thought we were on the upside of things until Grandma awoke with it last night and is still in bed today. Grandpa is sitting on the couch as we speak trying to fight it, but I'm almost certain he's losing that battle. Apparently this has been going around both Newton/Pella as well as M'boro as there are a host of other people we know who have had it. It's as if we are all standing in a line as Sgt. Stomach Flu goes by, taking us out, one by one. So Sgt., if you're reading this, I'm waving the white flag. Please cease fire immediately.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I second that! Please cease fire as I would like to actually SEE my cousin and her boys more than one day out of the two weeks she will have been here. I will not even say who out of the family hasn't gotten this flu, cause just as I do, they are sure to be next in line! Oh how I wish this would end fast! I can't believe I am saying this with you literally 2 miles away, but I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Mama Muhs said...

I know! I miss you too!!!!! I am so bored over here! I mean, even prisoners get to talk to people through a window!

The Farleys said...

Oh! I had this last week! I'm so sorry it ruined your trip home. Perhaps it was meant to be since you had all that help around you! Hope the next trip will be more enjoyable!

Mama Muhs said...

Melissa, I keep saying that is the one good thing about it all. Cody was out of town, too so there was no way I would have been able to take care of myself and the boys! I'm so sorry you had it too!

The Harris Family said...

Oh no!! Unfortunately I know what you guys are going through. No fun at all. I hope you all get to feeling better real soon so you can enjoy the rest of your visit.