I'm not really sure exactly what it is that this GI Virus seems to have against the Muhs Clan, but clearly, it is out to destroy us. I thought once we got home from the 'boro we were in the clear and then last night, Cody was struck down. The worst part about this (for me, anyway) is that he spent most of the day yesterday taking care of the boys. He fed them, changed Cam's diapers, played with them, etc. Our recent history with this dreaded virus shows us that just by looking at somone afflicted, you are soon afflicted yourself. So I fear that it is only a matter of time before the boys are sick, and possibly even myself as well. The geographics, you ask? It is times like these that I am painfully aware of just how far away we live from our families, namely the Grandmas. Not only do I like to have my mama around when I'm sick, it is also nice to have a little help when the entire house is sick. Of course, after the last round of sickness in the 'boro I would venture to guess that my mom is secretly singing the praises of the 8 hour drive between us! ;)
So I'm basically sitting here playing the waiting game. I ask Owen every 15 minutes if his tummy hurts or if he feels sick, which is very quickly starting to get on his nerves. I keep thinking I feel nauseated myself, though I kinda think it might just be from anxiety. Because nothing causes me more anxiety than wondering if I'm going to be hit with a puking kid at any given moment or that we might all end up with this at the same time. I think at this point I would settle for someone else's grandma, anyone who is going to be a grandma, was a grandma at one time, or even just looks like a grandma. Alas, I will just suck it up and hope like hell that Cody is the only one who gets it. Because I'm pretty sure my neighbor, though a grandma, is not going to offer to clean up my vomit or bring me some crackers.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh my goodness Sarah! Will it ever end? I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Thinking of you all.
Post a Comment