CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Insult to Injury

It seems we still have patients needing admittance at Glodo Hospital. This time my poor little Owie is the patient and I'm afraid Cameron and I might be filling out our own paperwork for admittance any day now. A couple of days ago Owen started sneezing horribly. Then came the cough. Then yesterday, the dreaded fever. If you know Owen well you know that not only does he not nap during the day, he will rarely sit on a couch and just "veg," nor will he ever fall asleep in any place other than his bed when bedtime hits. Yesterday he slept until noon (after going to bed at 8:30pm the night before), spent most of the day watching movies on the couch, and then fell asleep on Grandma at 8pm. These are all signs (as if we needed anymore than the obvious ones) that this kiddo is S-I-C-K. He is still in bed as I type, after a night of some yucky dreams/nightmares. I think the meds I gave him didn't agree with him and he seemed to take a little trip that really no 4 year old should ever take. Looks like this doc will prescribe less meds tonight.

In other news, Cody is supposed to be making the trip here tonight as we are baptizing Cash on Sunday and we have been chosen as Godparents, an honor we are very excited about. However, Mother Nature is at it again in Iowa and threatening to drop a bunch of snow over half the state. We're praying that he will get out early enough before it affects his drive but at this point we're not really sure at all if he will make it. Although, if it were me I think I might stay as far away from here as possible. Who knows what disease he might be stricken with upon entering these doors. I'm pretty sure at this rate that a measles outbreak is imminent.

2 comments:

mgntrower said...

Oh my Sarah you poor thing. I thought it was awful at our house last week when myself, my mom and then Adyson got it. But a 2nd round, and then even more on top of it. Bless your heart! And poor little Owen's. I hope Cody can make it down, I thought about his trip today when I heard the weather forecast. But in regards to the sickness, I think I'll plan to just wave at you all from the other side of the room! :-)

Mama Muhs said...

Cody is on his way as I type. Maybe I can just find a big plastic bubble for us to go to the Baptism in so no one has to worry about catching anything! ;) Or maybe I could just sit in a corner by myself and people could just call me on my cell phone when they want to talk to me. ahahaha!