CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Party Animal

Like every Mother, I had visions of my baby boy at his first birthday party. He would be happy and cute and loving every minute of it. Of course, being that this is my second child, I didn't cling to those visions too tightly. Lucky for me. Since he had been sick he was very crabby when he woke up and it was only after the party was over that he seemed to really calm downt. I guess he's not one for crowds. But, as they say, the show must go on. Crabby baby aside, I think the party turned out great and everyone had a lot of fun.

He spent most of the morning like this as it was the only thing that made him happy.
I guess we did get a few smiles in there!
Being that he's not really into anything in particular I thought it would be fun to capitalize on the wealth of seasonal stuff in the stores and decided to go with a snowman theme. I had so much fun putting it all together. These are the cupcakes that I made.
The snowman cake which I think was my quickest decorating job to-date! I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I also did snowman treat bags with snowman chocolate and a snowman ornament inside but I didn't get a pic of those.



Sampling the cake. He seemed to like it a lot, which didn't really surprise me. He has a sweet tooth like his mama.




Is this a cute face or what?!



Cousin Danielle holding Baby Cash.


Cade doing what he does best--being cute!


He ended up skipping his nap despite my pleas with him. This is what he looked like as he ate his dinner that night.
Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us. We had a wonderful day!

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Hope he and your family had a wonderful 1st Birthday for him!! Sadly it only happens once...he is adorable, funny how so different from Owen!