I'm back on the balcony listening to the waves while Molly is back doing that work thing. A big shout-out to her husband, Ted, for not wanting to go on this trip and letting me come instead!
Last night we made our way to Old San Juan, which ended up being about a 30 minute drive away. It was very neat to see, as everything looks just as it sounds--old. The architecture is beautiful and many of the streets are cobblestone. We would have liked to have toured the more historic sites but as it was night, nothing was open so we had to settle for walking around the outdoor market. Molly bartered for some purses and we picked up a couple of other things to take home for our boys. Then we went to a little restaurant called Tito Danny's. It was Puerto Rican and Mexican cuisine. We had sort of assumed they were close to the same thing, but apparently we were wrong. We both chose Mexican and had a nice dinner. Then we came back to the hotel and did a little gambling in the casino. I like to play video poker and they only had nickle machines. It was good because I didn't lose a lot, but I didn't win a lot either. I went home down $1, which I thought was pretty good. Tonight I think we might go back and play a little rhoulette.
This morning on Molly's break we went to the spa for massages, which were very nice and relaxing. Then we had lunch at the same outdoor restaurant as yesterday. Molly had to rush back to the conference and now I think I'm going to hit the pool and relax and get a little sun. We didn't have time to feed the iguanas so hopefully we can do that tomorrow morning before we head out. Tonight we decided we'd go cheap and familiar and hit the Pizza Hut a few minutes away. Then we might go to the golf club restaurant for a little dessert. Then hopefully we'll win big in the casino! :)
We are really enjoying ourselves but I think we're both ready to come home and see our babies. We find ourselves fixated on babies in the hotel as they pass us!
A few a quick tidbits:
We saw a crab last night on the road, ironically crossing where the sign said IGUANA CROSSING. We've yet to see an iguana pass through there.
It seems that the police here just drive with their lights on sometimes. We've seen a lot of them and they are never really speeding or seem like they are trying to "catch" somebody. One was even stopped at a stoplight waiting for a green, but had his lights on!
The concierge told me yesterday that it is a rule on the island that service people speak english. Apparently the drive-thru lady at the McDonald's failed to read her rulebook.
Back to cold weather tomorrow! Brrrr!!!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Beth is at the hospital--hope to have Cade join us by noon on Wednesday! she went to the hospital at 1:30 a.m. They broke her water at 8 a.m.--she got the epidural about 7:30 a.m.
More later,
Mom
Post a Comment