CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Back To Our Roots

Last weekend we went back to where it all began for us as a couple. We headed to U of I homecoming with my 2 best friends and their husbands, Michelle, Dusty, Molly, and Ted. Michelle, Molly, and Ted all graduated from there so it was a weekend full of memories for everyone. We had such an awesome time and hope to get back very soon! Here's a few pics of the weekend.





Michelle and Dusty at the bar on Friday night after we got into town.












Cody and I posed for a picture while tailgating on Saturday morning before the game. Much thanks to my mama for providing us with our new Illini gear! We loved it!




The boys getting the grill fired up to make brats while tailgating. I made them drive thru McD's before we went so I could get hotcakes instead! Although, I must say, I did sample a brat and Dusty did a wonderful job!




Molly and Ted sipping on coffee while tailgating!











The CHIEF running on the field. There is big controversy over the chief because people say it's not respectful to Native American Indians. I do see where they are coming from but I just love to watch him come out on the field! I can't help it!






The girls at the game after the upsetting loss. We still had a good time though!







Playing a racing game at the bar on Saturday night. We were all like kids running around in there playing games! We had so much fun! I'm proud to say I actually beat them all once at this game!






Our 3 guys in their Illini gear at a bar after the game. They were so great all weekend--being patient enough to take a picture of the girls in front of every haunt we remembered so fondly. Ok, so we ended up with the same picture just in front of different landmarks, but we liked them all! And our guys never complained! Aren't they cute?!


The three girls in front of the house we lived in together. We had some awesome times in the house and we just loved living there. The funny part is, we sat in the driveway for about 5 minutes the night before trying to work up enough courage to knock on the door and ask the 5 guys sitting in the living room if we could take a look around. Never did do it. So we went back the next morning and took our picture in front of it.





Here we are in front of the dorm where we first met. Ah, the memories....








And the best picture of the weekend. That's right, we actually met a celebrity! Here we are with TLC's Trading Spaces and Movin' Up Interior Designer Doug Wilson. We were sitting in a booth about 5 feet away from him and I looked over and said, "I think that's Doug Wilson!" We debated for about 10 minutes whether it was him and then Molly got up the nerve to ask him for picture. It was the highlight of our weekend! The guys, of course, laughed at us for being such starstruck dorks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ROCK! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend AND who doesn't love Doug Wilson!! :)

Mama Muhs said...

Isn't that so exciting! The last time I got my pic taken with a celeb it was with Jordan from New Kids! LOL

Kate O'Brien said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend. And meeting Doug? You are too lucky. I always thought he was a cutie - Jim swears he is gay but I don't think so. He seems to have so much charm too.

And you got to meet Jordan from New Kids? He was my favorite!

Matt and Jess said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!!! See you this weekend:)

Mama Muhs said...

I really don't think he's gay either. I've seen him really flirt with the women on his shows and one time I think he and one woman even went on a date. He does have a lot of charm. He was so sweet to us.

And, yes, I got to meet Jordan and Donnie from New Kids when I was in 7th or 8th Grade. They were at our mall and we chased them down and got our pic with them. I'll have to see if I can dig one up and scan it!

Jess, we did hae a wonderful weekend and couldn't have done it without you guys! See you this weekend!

mgntrower said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time!!