CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

He Don't Need No Stinking Nap!

Today we got home from lunch with Auntie Gaye, Auntie Beth, and Uncle Ryan at around 1:30. I decided to let Owen play for a bit before his nap since he slept in late this morning. At 2pm I went to change his diaper before putting him down and he WAS NOT cooperating. He didn't want that diaper on at all! After 5 minutes of fighting him, I finally got it on him but he DID NOT want his pants on. So, I gave in and put him in his crib with just his shirt on. The little stinker was in there for an hour and 45 minutes and NEVER fell asleep. He just played and talked to himself. My dad came home from work a little early and I told him he hadn't gone to sleep so he could go get him if he wanted. Dad walked in there and yelled, "Sarah! Come here!" I walk in seeing Owen like this and saying "Hiii!":



Here he is, just as happy as a clam. I wonder what Dad has called me into the room to see. Then upon closer inspection of the crib, I see this:

He has somehow gotten ahold of some paper towels and ripped them up all over his crib. And, yes, that is his diaper you see in the middle of all that mess. At some point he took that off and proceeded to pee all over himself and the bed!!! We have no idea where he got the paper towels or how he was able to reach them from the crib. Of course, you have to really know my mother to appreciate the fact that there were restroom paper towels somewhere in the baby's room that he was able to reach while in his crib and that she didn't even know were there!

4 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

Sounds like naptime may be more and more trying if there continues to be naptime. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Grandpa Bill stopped by and left the paper towels for Owen. :)
A.G.

Mama Muhs said...

Jess--I've been thinking the same thing! I hope it doesn't get any worse because I can't get through the day without naptime! :)

I thought of G'pa too when I saw the towels! :)

The Farleys said...

That is stinking hilarious!!!!! I love his face. He knows he's sly!