Just thought I'd post a bit while I have a little time this afternoon. Molly is off at her conference and I'm sitting on the balcony listening to the waves and looking at beautiful palm trees. Ah, this is the life!
This morning Molly got up and went off to the nerdery (hee hee) again while I slept in (again). She got done at 12:30pm and I met her at a little outdoor restaurant by the pool where we shared a very large, but wonderfully tasty chicken caesar salad. Then she changed into her suit and we lounged by the pool for an hour or so. When she went to change into her suit, we saw a very small little lizard that was missing a leg, poor thing! Molly was quick to inform me that he will grow it back, so all will soon be good for the little guy. Then as we were just relaxing in the pool we saw an igauna climb out of it! Everyone gathered around to watch him and it was a little bit freaky! But he didn't bother anyone and just went on his merry little way. I was quick to check my surroundings each time I went into the pool again! I just knew I'd be the woman screaming like a wild woman because an iguana was in the pool right next to me! Thankfully, I swam alone. Molly has bug bites all over her ankles which we can only conclude came from sitting on the beach last night. Guess we won't make that mistake again.
This afternoon we are heading to Old San Juan. It is about 20-30 minutes away from our resort but is supposed to have great shopping and food. We'll do a little shopping and hopefully sample some yummy Puerto Rican cuisine. Then I think I'm going to convince Molly to hit the casino with me. Gambling isn't exactly her favorite thing to do, but I think I can get her to do it.
Tomorrow we are planning to feed the iguanas in the morning (one of the activities they do here) as long as Molly is out of the conference in time. Then we are getting massages at the spa. Molly is trying to convince me to go on a short bike ride. My calves are slightly hurting from that trek up the watch tower yesterday but I guess I will give it a try. There are trails around the resort so it should be fun. Not sure what else is in store for tomorrow, but with Molly at the helm, it's sure to be exciting!
I'm off to shower and get ready to go to Old San Juan. Hope everyone is doing well and surviving the cold weather back in the states. Hee hee. More to come later!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy it!
I can't wait to see pictures of all your fun.
Even in my office, it is 58 degrees. New office, haven't quite figured out the heat yet. MAke sure you enjoy it!
Post a Comment