CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Somebody's gonna bingo....

might as well be Jasmine!

Last night my friend Jasmine and I had a Mommies Night Out and went to Meskwaki Casino in a town about 45 minutes away to play bingo. It lasts for about 3 hours so we had a nice relaxing time. We even got these little computers that have our bingo cards on the screen. Then when the number is pulled, the computer recognizes it and blots it out on all your cards if you have said number. It even tells you how many you need to get a bingo! You don't do a damn thing! You just sit there staring at your screen waiting for your number to come up. Is that not the laziest game ever? I gotta say, I like a game where I have a possiblity of winning $1,000 and I can sit and eat a big 'ol plate of nachos while I wait! Now there's a sport I can get on board with!

So we start out on the first game and Jasmine gets all but one number on one of her cards. There's a little dog in the corner of your computer screen that starts getting excited when you have one number left. It shows the number you need right next to the dog while he's going crazy. It's the funniest thing. So Jasmine and I see on the TV screen that her number, O72, is coming up next!!! We started going as crazy as that damn dog! They actually call the number and Jas yells, "BINGO!" Alas, two other people bingoed at the same time so she had to share her winnings. We didn't even know how much she had won but we were still as giddy as 2 little girls. The guy next to me says, "3 winners, so they each get $34." I said, "Oh, well that's not much. That doesn't even pay for your game!" But we were still excited. Then the lady comes over and starts counting out her money. Turns out, I misheard the man next to me and she actually won THREE HUNDRED thirty four dollars!!! We could hardly contain ourselves!

We finished playing bingo with no other wins, although we did thoroughly enjoy ourselves. I told Jasmine I was determined to win something while I was there so I wanted to go try my luck at video poker. I gave the machine $17 and ended up leaving with $32. As I was playing, Jas says she's going to go find a Triple Cherry slot machine. Not 10 minutes later she comes back with a big bucket of quarters and says, "Um, Sarah, I think it's time for me to go home!" So she goes over, cashes out her winnings and it comes to $220!!! So, my friend is now going home with $554 save for the $45 for bingo and the $20 she put in the slot machine. Needless to say, I was jealous and wanted some of this good fortune. So I said, "I'm going to play a little longer." Jasmine, being the good little sensible girl that she is, says, "I'm done, I'll wait for you by the front door!" So I proceed to feed the $32 back into the video poker machines that I had just won and lost it all!!! I stuck my tail between my legs, admitted defeat, and drove home with my now rich friend. She was kind enough to by her poor pal a hot chocolate on the ride home. Congrats, Jasmine!

1 comments:

Kate O'Brien said...

Cute picturs from your trip and the playdate! The Bingo sounds like it was fun! Especially for Jasmine, who lucked out. Sorry you didn't win anything. Maybe next time!