I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of my cousin Beth's shower that we had while I was home. I started to put all my photos on here and there were just so many so I just decided to do a few of the details that we worked so hard on! Check out "The Brooks Family" link for a few other photos if you like. We had a great time putting the shower together and an even better time at the shower!
Beth and the hostesses from L to R: Jessica, Melinda, Beth, Megan, Erin, Brooke, and me.
We had sort of a dessert theme going on. We had different types of desserts to eat so we carried the theme over to the decorations. Jessica made diaper cakes for all the centerpieces on the tables. She made 8 cakes in all and each of them had a different theme. This is the Baby Einstein cake. We loved the idea because Beth can use everything on it so nothing went to waste! Jess did an awesome job! She spent HOURS and HOURS putting them all together. We hated to take them apart the next day! 
This was the favor that I made. It's an iced cookie in a little bag. I ordered the labels from the same place I got the invites so they would match. I thought they turned out great.
The cupcakes which were a joint effort by myself and my friend, Molly. She made the little booties on them out of icing! I couldn't quite keep my hand steady enough to do it so she stepped in and did an awesome job! Everyone thought they were plastic! I couldn't have gotten any of my baking done without Miss Molly! I did the "Cade" writing on them.
Here's the cake I made. I am really starting to get into this cake decorating thing! Although I do wince a little when they have to be cut into! But I'm starting to get over that a little. :)
3 comments:
The cakes you make do look too good to eat but I think there would be some hungry, and disapointed people if they could not eat them, becase they taste as good as they look!!! I think you should have put the story of the practice cake on there, I love that story.
Wow Sarah! You did a great job. It all looks so great.
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I almost did put the practice cake story on here but the post was already so long that I decided not to. I think most everybody has heard it anyway! :)
Post a Comment