So today was my baby boy's 18-month check-up at the doctor. I can't believe how fast he's growing! Last night Cody and I finally turned his car seat around to forward-facing. So this morning I loaded my big boy up into his new car seat--he loved it! He loved being able to see out the windows a little better. He was so cute in it! But so big, also. :( He's just starting to look so much like a little boy now. Where did my baby go?!
Anyway, despite the windy day, we made it into the Dr.'s office. We had to wait about 5-10 minutes in the waiting room, which was fine. Owen had a good time playing with the toys they had and I chatted with our pharmacist who was there with her son. They called us back and the first thing we did was weigh him and measure his height. This time he stepped onto the scale rather than having to sit on the little baby scale. Then instead of measuring his height by lying him down on the table, he stood against the wall. I couldn't believe how much things changed in just 3 months! He looked so cute standing there up against the wall, straight as an arrow. He weighed in at 28 lbs and is 31 1/2 in. tall. My baby is getting so big!
It was then time for us to head to the examination room. The nurse did his head circumference in there and chatted a bit and then said the doctor would be right in. Now, I love Dr. Pak and so does Owen. He is always so nice to us and gentle with Owen. He always talks about how serious and well-tempered Owen is, which is always nice to hear. However, today as I'm sitting in this room with a toddler all over the place and trying to get into stuff I hear the Dr. outside talking to another Dr. and the nurse, "I got the brown belt to go with the new brown shoes. And then if I have this color socks and x amount of them, I can wear these x amount of days..." and so on and so on. Yes, I am sitting in this room waiting for the Dr., after having already waited in the waiting room for 5-10 minutes, while he is out there talking about his recent fashion purchases!!! He's not saving a life, he's not examining a sick child, he is wasting my time with his watercooler talk about his matching belt and shoes! Mind you, they were nice shoes and a very snazzy belt, but did my time need to be wasted in order to discuss them? He could have at least talked about them elsewhere other than directly outside the door of the room we were in so I could hear him! He's such a nice man, but it just angers me when doctors act like their time is more valuable than anyone else's.
So, he examined Owen and we chatted and then we were off. When we left, my pharmacist and her son were still in the waiting room. I said, "You're still here?!" She said, "Yeah, we're going on an hour now." Maybe their doctor was busy talking about his snazzy new scrubs he just bought that go perfectly with these great new tennis shoes his wife got him. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother to have us make appointments.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah, they should really make those doors a little more sound proof, huh? Especially if they are going to discuss their wardrobe or say the patient inside the room-like when the nurse told the patient after me not to worry about her little bit of weight gain, and that it was nothing compared to the last girl who gained 9 pounds since her last visit!
Can't believe our little O is standing on the scale already! He's grown so fast!! Before we know it, Cade will be doing the same!
I can't believe she did that! That's horrible!
Post a Comment