CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Klompen Classic

For those of you who don't know, Cody took up running in the spring.  He did a "Couch to 5K" program that started him off slowly, alternately running and walking, until he got to the point where he could comfortably run 5K.  I am proud to say that he has now participated in four 5K races and he is loving it!  His second race was the Klompen Classic during Tulip Time this year.  Owen also participated in the kids fun run.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the settings correct on my fancy new camera I got for my birthday, so I have no photos of Owen actually running!




Owen and Cameron had a ball playing around while we waited for the kids race to start!







Owen is stretching and preparing for his big race!



A little more stretching!


3 blocks is a long way to run!  It can really wear a guy out.

This is the group of people from Pella Corp. who participated in a weight loss challenge and also ran in the race.  I am proud to say that my awesome hubby won the challenge!  He lost almost 30 lbs. (I think, I can't remember the exact number because it was too long ago!) and he looks awesome!  He looks and feels better than he has in years!


Daddy after he just crossed the finish line!




Owen was so excited to hug his daddy after the race!

Congrats on a job well done, Dad!  We are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

32 pounds, but whos counting.

Gaye Youngman said...

LOL! I think CODY was counting! Love all the new pics!