CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 06, 2010

Cookies for a Cause

In the past few months, I have really been working on my baking skills.  I've been baking and decorating cakes and cookies and I am really loving it!  I decided to put my skills to the test and try to raise a little money for the walk for autism.  So, I made hundreds of cookies, bagged them, and sold them at a friend's garage sale. 




Contrary to what my dear husband will say, I did not write on these with a Sharpie marker.  It is a food coloring marker!






Each bag had one of each of the different cookies.  Then I labled the bag with our donation site and a thank you message!  I don't believe we got anymore donations from the label, so that might be a something I change for next year.

I am proud to say that we made $99 from the cookies!  I had a ton of fun making them and I am actually gearing up to do it again for another cause this month.  I'm going to be baking and decorating cookies for the entire month of August!  I'll post photos of those as I go and stay tuned for a few more posts with my photos of my other handiwork!


2 comments:

Amy H. said...

Way to go! That is a great idea, and the cookies do look really yummy!

Tricia said...

Sarah, I think this is an awesome idea! The cookies look great and it helps that it is something you love to do.

You are going to have to share your icing recipe before Christmas baking starts. I have yet to be able to make icing that tastes good.

~Tricia