CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Grandma's Block Party

Grandma Lynn's neighborhood throws a kickin' block party every summer. We didn't realize just how kickin' it was until Cody and Owen were there to join in on the fun. Cody came home and told me it is worth planning a trip to Grandma's house just for the block party! Not that going just to see Grandma isn't worth it. ;) Owen had a grand time as is evidenced by the pictures:




He rode this train once with Grandma but then said he wanted to ride it by himself. Cody said he kept commenting on how this was his first time riding on a "real train!" I'm not quite sure why we spend so much money doing this every year if the above train qualifies as a "real" train. But I digress.




Owen has quite a love for inflatables so I'm certain he was in heaven on this thing!




Apparently he borrowed this from one of the neighbor kids.



Thanks to Grandma and her neighborhood for showing our boy a great time! Count us in for next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got drunk and got lost at a block party I went to one time...good thing about the "Block Party" it goes for a lot of blocks...you end up somewhere you don't know!

Gaye Youngman said...

Looks like Owen had a great time in Chicagoland this summer! I agree, Grandma Lynn's block party should be an annual family trip!