CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 04, 2009

Wrigley and Soldier Field in the same weekend?!?!

Yes, my husband was, indeed, in sports fan heaven. Not only did he and Owen get to watch the Bears practice at Soldier Field, it just so happened that the Iowa Cubs were playing a game at Wrigley Field that weekend, too. I, of course, thought this was too much to pack into one weekend but what do I know? Cody really wanted to take advantage of this because, like the Bears game, it was a cheap way to take Owen to Wrigley Field.

Ginna got to join in on the fun this time around.




Are they cute or what?


The next couple of pictures are a prime example of what we are going through these days in trying to get a good picture of Owen. Kid will not look at the freaking camera to save his life. Drives me nuts!







Oh well, at least that's a good one of Matt and Gianna! The real reason Cody wanted to go to this game was because after the game was over, all the kids in attendance got to run the bases. Yeah, Owen was excited about it but Cody was over the moon.


"I got to touch the ivy," was all he kept telling me. I'm surprised he was able to concentrate long enough to get pictures of the kids running the bases. I'm also surprised he didn't just take off and run with them!



The kids were allowed to run from first to home and then they were done. Come on, do you think that stopped our Owen? Of course not! He kept right on running, rounding home and making his way back to first! Here he is being instructed to go back to his father, that man over there who is drooling over the ivy and trying to think of a way to take some of it home, too busy to collect his son once he got to home base.



Once again, a good time was had by all. I'm just not sure who had more fun--the die-hard-Cubs-fans Daddies or the kids!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Cutest little cub fan I ever saw!(if I have to look at one that is) :) Love the pics! I'm impressed at the photography skills and number of pics actually taken! Props to Cody. Daddy did well!

Anonymous said...

At Busch Stadium we are allowed to run all the way around...not just from first to home. They let the dads run too!

Gaye Youngman said...

Well, we definitely know who had more fun -- DADDY! After all, what could be better than watching your boy live out your dream! :-)

Matt and Jess said...

That's the 12 games behind the good baseball team Cubs. But I guess every body has one flaw.

Susie said...

I love these pics! You have to send me all the pics from the weekend. Or do you use Walgreens or shutterfly or something like that?