Our first cache took us out to a State Park close to Newton, where we had to navigate through some woods to find it. Well, ok, the kids and the Dads did the navigating, while Susie and I hung back and did the Mom thing--took pictures.

You can see Gianna carrying this one, which was an ammo box full of goodies. Some are as small as a large screw and have tiny pieces of paper rolled up inside them to log your name. The smaller ones are usually magnetic.
Once they got out of the woods, Susie and I once again did the Mom thing and made them all pose for a picture. Four kids excited about seeing what's in the box and this is the best you get:

The kids couldn't wait to open it and see what was inside...

And what did Cameron do while all this madness ensued? He stayed close to his phone, just in case he got any important calls.

Owen was the first to actually spot the box in the woods so Matt and Susie said that, being his first find, he should get to choose the goodie to take. He chose a star watch that came out of a Happy Meal.

I'm still holding out for the cache that holds diamonds in it but I'm told not to lose any sleep over it.
We had a great time and discovered a great family activity that's free and easily accessible. Well, if you don't count the cost of a GPS. However, Matt and Susie graciously left us their old one until we can find the funds for a new one with a Geocaching feature.
Cody is now obsessed with this and has spent nights on the computer trying to decide which is the best system to buy. He sometimes finds caches in the morning before he goes into work, on his lunch hour, and he and Owen go out a lot together. Cam is still kind of little for it so he and I don't go as much. Although we all went out last weekend for a bit and I found my first one. Ok, so it was in plain sight and I saw it before I even got out of the car but I'm still counting it.
Thanks to Matt and Susie for showing us a great time!
3 comments:
Welcome to the Geo Cache crew.
We have been on a break since the hole prego thing. But will probably start up again this fall.
Cody there is difficulty factor on them, so if you are finding them on the way to work maybe you need to go for a little harder ones.
survey0615
The kids and I always go for caches with a 1 star terrain rating.....they usually are stroller friendly.
I have to say now that we have a new gps, we've been caching tons more. Cody is going to catch up to us though....what it took us a couple of years to do, Cody has done in a month! LOL
The Geogugies!
Sarah you must be doing this near a Starbuck's or Macy's! I'm impressed with Cody though...first fishing now spending time in the woods. What's next...maybe hunting?
Post a Comment