
As you come down the stairs, you turn left and go down this hallway. That first doorway that you see to the right is to what will be the storage room.

This is the storage room as you look into it from the doorway. There is a little more room in it than this picture shows. Eventually it will have built-in wooden shelves where I will someday put all my things in plastic bins, neatly organized!
Further down the hallway, you come to a second door and that is the guest bedroom. Like the rest of the rooms in the basement, it is small but it will do it's job just fine. It has a full size window in it so when we sell the house eventually, we will be able to list it as a 4 bedroom.
This is the view from the opposite wall of the bedroom, showing the closet.
Outside of the door to the bedroom, we will have an open TV room. The thing that looks like a closet that you see will house our big screen TV that we hope to buy someday, along with a new couch and a chair or two. Right now I'm pretty sure we'll be paying for all those with the money tree we hope to find miraculously growing in our backyard. There is a sliding glass door in this room which leads to the new patio and backyard. I think you can see it in the first picture.
The TV room opens to this...right now it is just sort of a catch-all but it will be the computer/game/toy area. The door on the left is to a bathroom, which won't be started until after the baby is born. And the door on the right is a small storage area that has the furnace and water heater in it.And there you have it! It is small but it is going to fit our needs just fine and open up the 2nd bedroom upstairs (currently the computer room) for Owen to have his "big boy" room. We still have lots of work to do but we can't wait to show it all off when we're done! Hats off to my wonderful husband for all the hard work he's put into it all thus far!
14 comments:
Way to go, Cody!!! Maybe you should stop with the finish work, though, and get started on the bathroom. You're going to have a lot of company in a few months! ;)
Wow! That is so awesome! We keep looking for that money tree too! LOL.
How are you guys doing with this crazy storm? It started as snow, but quickly turned into freezing rain. Yuck.
Yeah, we got a little dusting of snow this morning and then freezing rain most of the day. But it has stopped now and they've said if we get anything else it should just be rain. The temps are also warming up a bit so hopefully the driving situation won't be too bad. I hope it stops for you guys too! I like the snow, but hate the ice!!! Though I have to say, having the garage and real driveway have been awesome thus far this winter!
Oh, and A.G.--sorry, but it looks like you'll have to be hiking it up the stairs to go pee. :) Either that or we could just put a bucket down there for you! LOL
Fabulous job!!! We finished our basement just shortly before Corin arrived so I completely understand how long it can take!
BTW, where are you finding these cool templates/layouts? I don't have any fun ones on my blogger account!
Carmen--I found this one on finalsense.com. That site has a ton of free templates and they're so easy to copy. What I usually do though is just google "free blogger templates" and see what I come up with.
yep, I did the google and found tons. Bethany also told me about a pimp-my-profile...which of course had me laughing!
THX!
What is pimp-my-profile? I feel so old because I don't know all this computer lingo! LOL
It's pimp-my-profile.com..and are you kidding me??? I'm older than you, chica! LOL
Let me know if and when you find that money tree-because we need to finish our basement too. I have all these big ideas and not the extra money to do it! He is so good at handywork!
WHERE'S THE WORKSHOP ALL THAT WORK AND YOU GET NOTHING
That's what the garage is for!!!!
my god cody u slave away and you cann't get one room in the house
The entire basement is going to be a shrine to the Bears. Isn't that enough?
Post a Comment