CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Carriage Ride on the Square

Two weekends ago the retailers in our town had a Christmas Open House. It's something they do in order to get people into their stores before they head off to Des Moines to do all their Christmas shopping. We've lived here for 6 years and I had never been in many of these stores! It was neat to see all the Christmas decorations and we even got to sample some yummy goodies. Owen's highlight of the day was the horse-drawn carriage they had giving free rides around the square. He loved it!

A full view of the beautiful horses and carriage.



He would have rode it all day if we'd let him! It was beautfiul weather and we had a nice relaxing time. Now we're pumped for our first Christmas in Iowa!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Christmas in IOWA! :( that makes me sad! Is this our 1st Christmas apart from each other ever??? Well, at least that means we're that much closer to meeting little Cameron! Not much longer!!!

Mama Muhs said...

I know, it makes me sad, too! As far as I know, this will be the 1st Christmas we've ever been apart. This is my 1st Christmas not spent in Murphysboro!!! I guess it was bound to happen sometime. We will miss you all so much!