Well, this is what Owen and I woke up to on Wednesday morning....

It continued to snow non-stop the entire day until about 5pm. I never heard a final total but I believe it was somewhere in the realm of 2"-4". I called Maddy and told her about it and she said, "What?!?! It's snowing?!?! It's not supposed to snow on Thanksgiving! Only at Christmas!" While I do agree, it was beautiful and Owen and I loved it! I would have loved to take him outside to play in it but there wasn't really enough to do anything with and with my coughing I just didn't think I should be outside running around in the cold. So we just admired it constantly throughout the day out the back door. He just loved it!
His favorite part was we he got to open the door to let Murphy in or out and then he would get down on the floor and just study it until Mommy got too cold for the door to be open!Thankfully the weather didn't hinder our travelers and Grampa Gary and Gramma Lynn made it here safely on Thursday morning. Gramma Linda wasn't able to make it this year and we missed her tons!!! Owen watched the Macy's Parade for the first time and loved it. He'd shout out whomever character he saw that he knew and at one time said, "Look at all these dancers!" It was so much fun to watch him. I cooked all morning and we ate a HUGE dinner around 1pm. Thankfully, I got my much-earned traditional Thanksgiving nap! We continued to lounge around the rest of the weekend.

Grampa took off on Friday evening just as we headed out with Gramma to the square in town to see the lighting of the Courthouse and the Lighted Christmas Parade. Owen had a ball running around the square in what little snow was left. He didn't have much patience to stand for the parade, so it was nice that it was only about 15 minutes long! He loved seeing Santa at the end.
Here he is all bundled up. It was so cold out there!!! The Iowa winter is really in full swing!
Owen and Daddy clapping as they turned on all the lights surrounding the Courthouse.
He kept walking around like this with his arms out saying, "Very (He thinks it's very and not merry) Christmas, everyone!" I'm not really sure why he started saying it because no one else was saying it. He's continued to do it at home but for some reason he thinks he needs gloves on to say it. So he will put my gloves on and walk around the house saying it.
Hope everyone else had a great holiday as well. We are gearing up for our first Christmas in Iowa with Grandma and Grandpa Glodo! Hopefully we are going to get the tree up tonight so stay tuned for more pictures!
3 comments:
ahhh, tis the season! Mr. Owen is absolutely adorable and I love the Very Christmas...in a way, it is very Christmas! We had snow here too for Thanksgiving! Glad to hear it was a great weekend!
Oh, I wish Owie was going to be here to wish us a "Very Christmas" in person! You need to that on video.
Actually, Cody did get it on video on Sunday but he's not as animated as he usually is when he says it. And now I think he's started saying "Merry"! Oh well!
Post a Comment