CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Glamorous Life of a Mom

Today found Owen bringing me his shoes and saying, "Outside! Outside!" So since it's a beautiful day I decided to oblige him and take him out. I figured I might as well get a little work done while I was out there so I decided to scoop some poop. Ah, yes, it just doesn't get much better than that. So here I am outside trying to figure out how in the hell to attach the plastic bag to the poop scooper (never did figure that one out), all the while Owen is whining for me to let him get on the riding lawn mower. I knew that if I could not figure out how to attach a bag to a poop scooper there was really no way I was going to get a riding lawn mower up and running. So, I diverted his attention to his bubble mower which kept him happy for a bit. Until the bubble mower quit blowing bubbles. Not only am I not good with real mowers, bubble mowers really aren't my forte either. I never could get any bubbles to come out of the blasted thing. So I decided maybe we'd try the swing. Owen got in the swing and said, "One, two, free, go!" And I pushed him high in the air. He had a big smile on his face and said, "Yeah, baby!" (I'm still not sure where he learned that phrase--I'll have to ask Cody tonight.) My point to this story, you ask? It just got me thinking that although my life is filled with poop scooping, poopy diapers, broken bubble mowers, and a sometimes whiney kid, seeing that smile and hearing that, "yeah, baby!" really does make it all worth it. There's just nothing better to me than being a Mom.
And because posts are always better with a picture, I can't think of a better one to accompany this post. Hope you are all taking a little time out today to enjoy the little perks of life amidst all the poop.

0 comments: