Saturday found us heading to the Morton Aboretum with Gramma, Abbie, and Luca. The Aboretum is huge but we only covered a small portion since we were pressed for time and had a 2-year-old and a 3-year-old with us. We walked through the Children's Garden where they have tons of neat stuff for kids to play on and then we had some lunch in the restaurant. I think Owen went up to as many strangers in the garden as he could and said hello. There was one guy he even called Daddy and tried to take him somewhere with him! Just like his daddy and Grandma Debbie, he never meets a stranger! Here are some pictures:
You can sort of see Luca in there next to Owen. He would hardly let me take any pictures of him all day!!
I tried my damnedest to get a picture of Owen actually inside this tunnel but by the time I got him in one side and got around to the other side he was already out of it!
Here he is looking at some squirting frogs (not real ones, of course) in a fountain. He kept saying, "A frog! A frog!"
This was in the musical flowers section of the garden. He had so much fun running around to all the different big flowers and playing the instruments.
Here they are "making water, " which I think is how Luca described it.After the Aboretum we headed over to Great-Gramma's house to visit with her for a bit. I didn't get any pictures there, I think because I was so exhausted! Owen had a great time visiting with her and playing with all the toys she had. After visiting with her for a couple of hours we headed to Grampa and Gramma's house. I don't know how many of you know, but Grampa Gary is an animal nut. We call him Dr. Dolittle. I swear it's like a scene out of "Ace Ventura" over there! The animal gene has carried over to Cody and now to Owen, who is absolutely wild about animals. He played with the cats for a while in the house and kept saying, "Here tee-tee! Here tee-tee!" Then he'd get down on the floor next to it and say, "Hello cat." It was so cute. Then we headed outside to see the geese and ducks that are always there. Grampa gave Owen some bread to feed them and he LOVED it! He chased them ALL over the yard and said, "Duck! Duck!!" He was in absolute heaven. He had goose poop on his sock and his shoes but he didn't care one bit! Grampa also got a rabbit to come over but Owen chased it away, and then Grampa went in the front yard, threw out some bread, made some woodchuck noises, and out pops a woodchuck from the ground! I couldn't stop laughing at the animal charmer.
I love this picture because they look like they are walking the exact same way. He looks like Cody's Mini-Me!
3 generations of Muhs menAfter a very long day we headed home for a wonderful meal cooked by Gramma and a much-needed bath for Owen. Sunday we went to visit Gramma and Grampa O'Brien and then went to the park with Gramma Lynn. Cody was supposed to have taken a picture of Owen with her but it wasn't on my camera so I don't know what happened!!! She'll be here in two weeks so I'm sure we'll get lots then.
We came home Sunday afternoon but not before Cody got his mandatory Chicago style hot dogs at Portillo's. It was a great weekend, but not long enough. So, we've decided that we're going to take our week-long vacation this summer in Chicago. It'll be cheap 'cause we'll get to bunk at Gramma's and we'll be able to take Owen to all the places we never get to see in a quick weekend. Cody is, of course, most excited about taking him to the Brookfield Zoo. I am most excited about actually getting to sleep while I'm there since we won't be running around everywhere at all hours of the night!!



3 comments:
Wow!! You had a busy weekend! Looks like you had lots of fun, though. I guess the bird poops must run in the family as well. I'll never forget the look on your face in Mazatlan when you received your droppings!!!
It was so good to see and visit with you guys! One of these times we're going to HAVE to see Owen!! LOL I'm glad to hear you're going to come here this summer! We'll definetly have to have some play dates! You have to bring Owen to the zoo. We are members and just LOVE going and seeing all the animals!
Less than 2 weeks now - we'll keep you posted on the newest addition!
Unfortunately I'll never forget it either since you guys HAD to TAKE MY PICTURE!!!!
Susie, I really thought you were going to get to see him this time! Hopefully we will get out there next month to see the new baby. Between you and my friend, Molly, not knowing what you're having, I'm on pins and needles here! I don't know how you ladies do it for nine months not knowing what is in there!
Post a Comment