CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sisters

I remember when I was younger and my Auntie Gaye would call our house some nights as late as 11pm. It would be at least the 5th time that she and my mom had talked during that day and I would say, "Seriously! Have you guys not gotten it said in the last 4 times you talked today?!?!" I never understood how two people who lived so close to each other and saw each other constantly could have so much to say to each other in one day. Now I know--because they're sisters. God did not bless me biologically with a sister. My theory is that my mom and dad realized they couldn't risk another child after being blessed with such a perfect one in me. That's it, isn't it, Mom? haha. Anyway, I digress. God did, however, bless me with the next best thing--my cousin, Beth. We have always felt like sisters because we were raised so closely together. When I got married, she was the person I wanted standing next to me as my maid of honor and vice versa. And when I had Owen, she was the first person I thought of to be his Godmother. She's also the person I call when I need advice, when I need to vent, when I'm happy, when I'm sad....the list goes on. She's my sister--in every sense of the word.

Her husband Ryan called me a couple of nights ago to tell me that Beth was "grounded" from the phone. I laughed and said, "Why?" He replied, "Well, we have 700 shared minutes between us and not only did Beth use all 700 minutes herself, she went on to use 700 more." Knowing where most of the 700+ minutes went, I didn't bother to ask. :) He went on to tell us both that we didn't need to talk for the entire year because we had said it all in the first month. I thought back to my mom and Auntie Gaye and just wanted to tell him, "Ryan, it's sisters. You just have to have one to know." I'm glad I have one, and I'm glad I know. And even if I have to wait past 9pm to call her when her minutes are free, I'll make the sacrifice. Thank God for sisters!


2 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

Will I do totally understand what you mean, but 1400 min. is a lot. Love you both:)

Anonymous said...

it was actually 1500, but who's counting. i don't think he ever will understand, just like i don't understand all the silly things he and his brothers do. i hope all our kids grow up as close as we all did. Mom & Aunt Debbie blessed us both with a brother AND a sister! Love you and love the post.

Beth