Owen has really started to enjoy coloring. I had tried to get him interested in it a couple of months ago but he didn't want to have much to do with it. Then Grandma Lynn bought him an Elmo doll with crayons for the bathtub for Christmas and now he loves it! He colors all over the bathtub every time he's in there. One night he was coloring and took the crayon away, looked at it and said, "Ernie!" Cody and I just died laughing. We're not sure if he thinks he was drawing Ernie or what but it was so adorable! Here are a few pictures of the artist that I took last night. (A note to the O'Brien ladies--the flowers in the pics are the ones you sent me 2 weeks ago! They're still alive! And so pretty!)


He had to study the box. Every time I got a new color out of it and gave it to him he'd say, "Wow!" with a whisper.

Notice the smile--you can tell that he is saying, "Cheese!" for the camera, which he started doing after we took 300 pictures at Christmas and kept telling everyone to say cheese.
Who knows, maybe someday we'll all be looking at an Owen Muhs Original in a museum somewhere?! Ok, at least there will always be one on my fridge. :)
5 comments:
How adorable is he! He is growing into such a little man! Have him color one for us! Love you.
Beth
That's great that you can get Owen to color. Dominic is finally sitting down and coloring! LOL Gianna has always loved to color. We even have a few originals on our wall. Dominic & I went to church one Sunday and came home to find the masterpiece! :) Of course she colored on the walls that are still the flat, white builder paint. Even the magic eraser doesn't wash those marks away! :)
I'm so glad that the flowers are still alive! I'll let everyone know!
Love, Susie
Coloring is such a "life-saver" when you are a mom. Hannah is almost 6 and last night I got her involved in a project of copying (drawing) pictures from a book she was reading and then coloring them. She did 5 of them and it kept her busy for over an hour!
He is so cute! Getting bigger every day!
Susie--At first I thought you were just saying that you had originals "hung" on your wall. It took me a second to realize they are actually "on" your wall!!! I can't believe even the magic eraser doesn't was them away! I thought that thing cleaned everything!
The magic eraser usually does clean everything. It took the flat builder paint off the wall, but left the crayon. :) BUT the magic eraser does take crayon off of just about everything else!!
Post a Comment