Well, the Muhs household is brimming with excitement after the big Bears win today. Ok, Cody is beside himself and Owen and I are just along for the ride. After hours of searching for tickets on ebay, Cody actually scored a set and he and a friend from work were at Soldier Field to witness the big event. He called me numerous times throughout the game--many of them were just to yell at me about how exciting it was. When it was all over he called again, sounding like he had bronchitis, and said, "This was the 3rd best day of my life!!! I love you more than you could ever know!!!" Although I know that was many a beer and sheer elation talking, I guess I should at least be happy that he has his priorities in tact. :) He went on to say that he rushed the field and stood 10 feet away from Brian Urlacher. Really, I don't know what's so exciting about that, as for the last 3 weeks I have sat about 5 feet away from Urlacher, in my own living room! Yes, folks, this is what I came home to find on my living room wall when I got back from all my Christmas travels.

The second picture shows part of the entertainment center next to Mr. Urlacher, just to give you an idea of the size of this thing. It is, indeed, life size. Luckily for me, he's pretty easy on the eyes so I can deal with it for now. Once the Super Bowl is over, he will be going back to the basement where he belongs. A big thank you, by the way, to Cody's dad for purchasing this for him last year for Christmas. I really can't thank him enough. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the day the basement is finished so he will have a permanent wall to stick to and there will be no threats of him running through our living room wall anymore.

I checked ebay tonight and Super Bowl tickets are already going for about $7,000 a pair, give or take a few thousand. So I think it's safe to say that Cody will be watching the game from a friend's house somewhere in Iowa...at least I hope that's the case.
4 comments:
WE CAN SURE HAVE THE SUPERBOWL PARTY AT OUR HOUSE! So the Colts can have the home field advantage!! What a great day for both - I too have a little "throat-ache" from the game. Luckily for Travis, the girls were in bed for the exciting ending, so I had to keep my voice down just a little :)) GO COLTS!!!!!!
I forgot to apologize for the picture....that would totally freak me out everytime I walked into the room! Kinda like the 100's of dolls we have in our house..creapy!
That sounds good for the party at your house! I'll double check with Cody and make sure he hasn't made any other plans. By the way, when did you become such a big Colts fan? I thought your household was strictly Vikings!
The picture did totally freak me out for a couple of weeks. I just felt like he was staring at me and coming straight for me!
TOO FUNNY!
My kids were yelling all afternoon. Everytime I would tell them to talk softer - Dominic would say they were being like Daddy! :)
Post a Comment