CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sad News

I think it is safe to say that this is the hardest post I've ever had to do but it is something that we would like everyone to know. On Monday, I went to the doctor for my 16 week appointment and discovered that the baby didn't have a heartbeat. I was sent to Radiology to confirm it and the woman who did the ultrasound there said that the baby was only measuring at about 15 weeks, which means we lost it sometime in the last seven days. Obviously, this has been devastating to our entire family, be we are coping as best as we can. I hate that some of you are hearing it first-hand through the internet but it has just been too hard for us to make "that" call over and over again. On Friday, I will have a procedure done called a D&E to remove it. It is an outpatient surgery and I should only be there for a couple of hours. The doctor says it shouldn't be too physically painful. I am thankful that I will be put out during the whole thing and won't know what's going on. The doctor says he may know more about why this happened after Friday. My mom is on her way here today to help us take care of Owen during all of this, which will be so appreciated. Even though I'm a mom myself, it's times like these that make me want my own mama to be with me.

As I said before, we are handling it all as best as we know how. We are trying to tell ourselves that God took our angel before it's time for a reason. We are thankful that we have one healthy baby, who is making it all a little easier on us. It's hard to stay sad all the time when a cute little face crawls up next to you in bed, lays his head down beside you on the pillow and says with a smile, "Hi, Pooh!" We continue to pray everyday that he will one day get to be the wonderful big brother we know he can be. We will keep you updated on how everything goes and hopefully in time we'll be able to bring you much happier stories and pictures of the Muhs clan on here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah - I am so sorry. We will definetly keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

I, too, went through a similar situation and had to have my baby removed via surgery because it was in my fallopian tubes. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. We got to hear the heartbeat....but then to have it taken away from me. It's so hard to understand and so hard to cope with.

You are right, though, it helped tremendously to have Hannah and Emily there to give me that "extra" smile or hug that I needed.

Please allow yourself lots of time to recover not only physically, but emotionally. A lot of people brush it off and say, "It was God's plan or you will get pregnant again soon." I know to me, that even though that was probably true, it was so hard to deal with.

We are here for you and if you ever need someone to talk to - I've been there and I would be more than willing to just "cry" with you!

Lots of love and hugs coming your way from Luke, the girls & I!

Hang in there!

Heidi

Matt and Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt and Jess said...

All our love, thoughts and prayer are with you. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
I know how difficult it is from a "Nanny's" perspective. Not only is the loss of the baby, but your own baby is hurting so much. I am so glad that Debbie is going to be with you. Heidi is right...it takes a while to adjust to this plan that God set before you, and the most important part is to grieve for that little angel. Heidi and Luke planted a tree and we placed an angel statue under it...whatever feels right for you is the right thing to do. We are holding you in our prayers that are wrapped in love. Nanny Weber..or as your Mom and her friends used to call me when I taught them."Mama Weber."

Beth said...

You know we are always here for you and wish we could physically be there with you during this time. Time will heal and before you know it God will bless you with another healthy "Buddy" :) We love you all and are thinking of you everyday.

Ryan, Beth, & Cade

Mama Muhs said...

Thank you so much to everyone for all of your sweet comments. This is the hardest thing our family has ever had to go through but it is made a little easier knowing that we have such loving family and friends to support us. You all just really made my day with all the nice things you said. Heidi & Marcy--that is a good idea about planting a tree. I think we might do something like that as well. Even though you never knew them, you still want to remember them in some way and I think that's a great way. Thanks again to everyone. We love you all so much!

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Cody,

Please know that even though we are far away - you guys are very close in our hearts. We are praying for you as you go through this difficult time. We love you.

Lots of hugs & kisses,
Matt, Susie, & kids

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Cody, We truly know what you are going through and our hearts are hurting for you. When Dennis and I lost our full-term baby boy our world crumbled but my pastor said to me the morning after that God had closed a door for me but He would open a window and that I would be happy again. He was right...a year later Maria came into our lives and brought more joy than we could have ever imagined. You will always have a little hole in your heart for this baby but know that one day you will see that perfect little face. God Bless all of you.