CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

We interrupt your previously scheduled programming....

I'm sure there are many of you who came to see fun pictures of the Muhs Christmas. And while I have every intention of posting those someday, you will not see them today. Instead, you get the joy of reading a vent from yours truly. Because sometimes you just have to.

We are headed out to Bolingbrook today to visit with Cody's family, as we did not get to see them over the holidays. I am looking forward to it and will be so glad when we are there. However, the last few hours, and the next few hours to come, are draining on me. Given the economic state of the Muhs Household, we have decided to take Murphy along this trip rather than pay to board him. He is a horrible traveler and we have not traveled with him in at least a year, maybe even 2 or 3. He is so bad that we actually have to tranquilize him. However, I agreed that we should save the money and grit our teeth and bear the 4 hour car ride with him. The first sign to abort this plan should have been when I went to get the tranquilizers the other day to make sure we still had some and saw that they had expired 2 years ago. I trudged on with the plan, though, and called the vet and asked for some more. I figured they would only cost a few bucks and we'd still be saving money. Well....today I picked them up and they are $26. It cost $13.25/day to board him. That means for just a few dollars more (we have to pay for Sunday night, too, since they aren't open) we could have just boarded him and had a much more peaceful trip. Argh!

To top things off, Cameron is in a very whiny mood today. I am pretty used to his temperament by now and normally, these days don't bother me all that much. But today it is proving to be too much! And if that weren't enough, he fell on a toy and hit his head and now has a big scratch/bruise on his forehead. For which, I'm certain, his father will come home and notice immediately upon entering the door and question me as to what I have been doing to this child.

If things don't get much better, I might just have to dip into Murphy's tranquilizers. Have a good weekend, all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That should be bonding time for you and Murphy! You're home all day long take 15 mins a day and train him, I got a book for you.

Carmen said...

I hope all went well on the drive! And just to tell you the deal you're getting on boarding, it costs us 30 bucks per dog per night to board them! So just for a three-day weekend, it's 180 dollars. Thankfully we don't have to do it too often as our neighbors take care of them mostly!

Mama Muhs said...

Actually, it was awesome! I can't believe how well he did. And yes, we've heard many times what a steal $13.25/day is. Although, it is just at our vet's office so there's no frills. But we like it because they know him and love him and we can have any tests or shots or whatever done while he is boarding. I can't remember the last time I actually had to take him to the vet for something like that because it's always done while he boards!