Well, we finally got our tree up and decorated. We got a new tree this year so I was so excited to get it up and see how it looked. The best part is that it is pre-lit! I think that is the best invention ever! Owen had so much fun decorating it! He had trouble actually hanging the ornaments but that didn't stop him from pulling them all out of the box and checking them all out. Last year my mom had my old Sesame Street Christmas record converted to CD for me. I have listened to that record every year for as long as I can remember as I decorated the tree. I was so excited to share the tradition with Owen and he just loved listening to it and singing along with it.


Grandma Debbie got him Thomas and Percy ornaments this year and he just loved when we brought them out of the box. He started playing with them but after we explained to him that they go on the tree he really hasn't bothered them since. He loves to look at them but he understands that they are for looking and his other trains are for playing. Thank goodness!
Here he is checking them out on the tree.
Helping Daddy put the star on top. The tree was too tall for Owen to reach the top though! :(
When we were all done decorating and turned the lights on he just wanted to sit in a chair in front of it and look at it. I think it's so funny because I used to do the exact same thing every year when I was a little girl.
Eventually he went and got his blanket and snuggled in!
The first thing he said to me when he woke up this morning was, "Wanna go see the Christmas tree?" He is just enamored by it! It is so much fun watching all of this through the eyes of your child. It just makes the holiday that much more special. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I can't wait to share old traditions and create new ones with my children in the years to come. Hope all of you are enjoying the season as much as we are at the Muhs household!
0 comments:
Post a Comment