Well, I made the hike up the stairs tonight to read to Owen before he went to bed so I thought I would post a little myself. Unfortunately, I am just too tired to do pictures at the moment so my witty banter will have to be enough for now. :)
First off, thanks so much to all the well wishes we have received! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's comments and emails, as the well as the flowers and gifts that we have gotten. We are having such a great time with our new little guy, little being the operative word. I just can't believe how tiny he is!!! His weight dropped to 4 lbs. 13 oz. by the time we left the hospital yesterday. I am working feverishly to get it back up but he isn't cooperating with me all that well. They advised me to feed him every 2 hours but being that he is so small, he just likes to sleep all the time so it's difficult to get him to wake up to eat anything. Thankfully, he is getting something but it has been a bit of a struggle for me and I am pretty worn out and feel like a "milk machine!" Tired as I am, I don't feel nearly as stressed, hormonal, and pain-stricken as I did when Owen was born so I am definitely happy about that. I feel some pain and I'm definitely tired, but it has all been pretty manageable so far. It has all been made much easier with all the wonderful help I have. As you know, I wasn't very prepared for this child--I was planning on doing all of it last weekend with my mom here to help me!!! So they worked around the clock to get everything ready for Cameron and I to get home. My parents have been such a blessing to have around and Cody is at my beck and call doing anything I ask of him. I couldn't ask for a better situation! And even better, my mom is planning to stick around until mid-January so that will be a HUGE help!
We had a wonderful Christmas today, opening gifts off and on throughout the day. Owen got a Thomas train set which, along with the tons of other stuff he got, has kept him busy for the majority of the day. He is adapting well to having Cameron in the house and always comes over to him and says, "Baby Cameron! He's sooo cute!" My mom made a wonderful Christmas dinner and we just had a very relaxing day.
Well, I'm off to get a little rest before it's time to fire up the milk machine again. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I will post pics of ours later this week so stay tuned!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah - I was shocked to click on your blog today to read the exciting news! Cameron is so handsome and sounds like Owen is on his way to becoming the best big brother ever. It is so wonderful that you have lots of help. Looking forward to checking back and seeing this little guy grow and grow! What a wonderful Christmas you all had! Heather Harris
Oh I am so happy for you and your family! We all can't wait for the pictures but we totally understand that you have more on your mind right now. So we will all patiently wait. Enjoy making new "little" memories.
Post a Comment