CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

"C is for Cookie"

I guess it is fitting that that is one of Owen's favorite songs right now. He sings it constantly around here! We had so much fun last Sunday baking Christmas cookies for Cody to take to work. I kept him in his Christmas jammies all day because they just made for such cute pictures!


Please excuse the way I look--I'm 8 months pregnant, exhausted, and out of make-up and haven't been able to get over to Des Moines to buy any!

Thomas was always close by and, of course, had to have a little taste of flour and sugar.


It's hard to see but we are using the adorable snowman measuring cups that Cody's mom bought me especially for baking Christmas cookies with Owen. He thought it was so cool! He kept saying, "It's a snowman!"
This boy loves to use the mixer!

He got a big kick out of cracking the eggs.
As you can see by the look on his face, this was his favorite part--rolling and cutting the cookies. When we first got started he said, "It's Play-Doh cookies!" (because that's what we do when we play with Play-Doh)
After we cut the first few cookies he started counting them on the pan. I was busy cutting some and not paying any attention and then I looked over and every cookie on the pan had a tiny little finger print in it! Needless to say, we didn't send any of those to work with Daddy. We cut star cookies and every time he saw one he started singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." After a few times of rolling and cutting he'd had enough and just wanted to play in the flour so Daddy kept him occupied while I finished up. But we had so much fun and can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comments:

Gaye Youngman said...

That little fingerprint just makes the cookies taste sweeter! Wish we were there to share in the fun!