CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Cameron Turns Two!

The very next day we geared up to celebrate my baby boy's second birthday.  Oh, these holiday babies!  We started off the morning of his birthday by letting him open up his presents from Mommy and Daddy.  It was then that we discovered he really had no interest in opening gifts.  He did at least enjoy looking at the characters on the wrapping paper.





I don't have many good pictures of him opening gifts since he wasn't really into it and we let Owen open most of them!  That night we had a few family members and close friends over for cake and ice cream.  We tried to make it as low-key as possible for Cam because he just doesn't like crowds.  I'm pleased to say that he handled it all extremely well and actually enjoyed himself!  I made him an Elmo cake, his favorite character of late.









He wasn't quite sure what to think about it.  I think he knew it was Elmo but he never would actually say it (which he usually will anytime he sees ANYTHING with Elmo on it), try as I might.  He just stared at it wondering why we wouldn't let him touch it!





We opened his gifts, this one being the biggest hit.  It's a Thomas See 'N Say from Auntie Gaye and Uncle Jay.  He just kept giggling at it!



The next day a package arrived from Grandma Lynn, who sent all our Christmas gifts and a birthday gift for Cameron.  So we let him open it that night and he was instantly in love!






She got him something called Let's Go Thomas!  It's a Thomas train who moves by himself, talks to you, and responds to your voice.  He was mesmerized by it.  As you can see in the above picture, Owen loved it too.  It's no wonder one miraculously showed up for him under the tree the next morning.  So now we have two!




Daddy couldn't get it out of the package fast enough for our little guy!



And as you can see by his shoving of Owen's hand, he did NOT want to share his new love!






All in all, I'd say it was a pretty great birthday for our boy.  I still can't believe he's two.  He's been through such a journey in the last two years.  We're still not sure where the rest of the journey will lead us or what surprises may be in store.  But one thing I do know for sure, as long as I see that smiling face and hear that adorable laugh everyday, life will be good.  Happy Birthday, Cammer Jams!  We love you more than words could ever express.

2 comments:

Gaye Youngman said...

Yes, I'm pretty sure Cam is saying, "Owen can get his OWN Thomas...'cause he's not gettin' this one!" ;)

Anonymous said...

Where is the picture of Grandma Debbie's cake? I heard it was so delicious and pleasing to the eye!