A couple of weekends ago, Owen and I headed up to Boone for our 3rd consecutive "Day Out with Thomas." Cody and I decided that it would be easier if Cameron didn't go this year since he's still too small to really enjoy it. We also thought it would be fun for Owen to have a big boy day all to himself to do whatever he wanted without having to worry about Cameron's needs and wants. I was so excited that I got to share the special day with him!
We grabbed a quick lunch at McDonald's in Boone before we made our way over to the train station. As soon as we got there, we got our tickets and boarded the coaches.
Owen had so much fun on the 25 minute ride. We sang Thomas songs and talked about all the different trains we saw on the tracks as we rode along. He kept saying, "Mommy, we're riding through the countryside!" As soon as we got off, we jumped in line to have his picture taken with Thomas.
As you can see from the ear-to-ear grin on Owen's face, he was in Thomas heaven. He was, however, a little upset that Thomas didn't actually talk to him. Next up, meeting the Fat Controller, Sir Topham Hatt.
Again, he made the comment that Sir Topham didn't talk, but it didn't seem to bother him too much.
After that we, went in the Imagination Station, where they had a few different train tables set up.
I couldn't help but think to myself that we have all the same stuff at home and more, yet he was fighting to get in there and get just one train to play with amongst all the other kids. But as long as he was having fun, I guess that's all that matters!
After playing for a bit, we headed over to the Story Telling Caboose where we met the star of IPTV Kids (Iowa Public Television), Dan Wardell. He's a real celebrity in our household so Owen was just over the moon to see him in person, as you can see here:
Dan read a story in the caboose for all the kids:
After that we packed in a few more activities, spent way too much money at the gift shop, and decided to head home. Owen was so well-behaved, which made the day even better. Even when I told him it was time to go, he said, "Ok" and didn't scream or cry one bit! It was one of the best days the two of us have had together in a long time and I think we both thoroughly enjoyed it!









1 comments:
Dan looks like a nerd!
Post a Comment