CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Showering the Youngmans

After our trip to St. Louis, we headed down to the 'boro for a long weekend. Beth and I shared hostess duties in throwing a baby shower for my cousin's wife, Jess, who is due with their first baby in August. Beth and I had so much fun planning this event! We had a baby carriage/green and brown theme and we just ran with it! We held it at Beth's beautiful new home and I think everything turned out great.


This is the diaper bag that we got Jess. Under that is the spread from Grammy Gaye--lots of essentials for the baby's new room. Jess had picked out these colors a while ago for the nursery, so we drew our inspiration from that.



We bought lots of different baby outfits in our color theme in varying sizes and used them as decoration:





The best part about these decorations is that they didn't go to waste! Jess got to take them all home to put on cute little Baby Y. for the next year.


We had green and brown M&M's on the tables, along with baby carriages that I painstakingly traced and cut out, with the help of my awesome Daddy. Thanks, Dad!




The spread. I loved these beautiful vases and flowers that Beth found, all in the right colors, of course!



The cake and favor table.




A close-up of the cake--it says "Baby Youngman is rolling in!" It is kind of a re-creation of the invitations we sent. It was made by a woman in Murphysboro, in case anyone there needs a new cake lady!




A close-up of the favors--brown and green M&M's in a little bag. The carriage says, "Baby Y. is rolling in, thanks so much for showering him!"



Beth, Jess, and myself


Only a few more weeks until we meet the newest member of the family! I, for one, am ecstatic and can not wait!!!

2 comments:

Joe and Melissa said...

Oh, your shower looks like it was lovely. Please pass my congratulations and best wishes on to Jess! She looks absolutely radiant!!!

Matt and Jess said...

Thanks Melissa! Thanks to Beth and Sarah who hosted the best shower ever you are both SO good at this it was beautiful!