CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun Times at the Dentist

Owen made his first trip to the dentist this morning and all went well. He actually had a pretty great time and was excited to be there. I was in an adjacent room getting my own work done so I missed a good portion of his apptoinment, but Daddy got some good pics and I got to be there at the tail end (numb mouth and all) to see him.



The hygenist was great with him. She has a son a few months older than him and one a few months younger than Cameron so she was really good with him.

He got to wear sunglasses because the light was a little bright.


He actually let her clean a few of his teeth, so here he is displaying her work proudly. They told us that they pretty much just go with the flow of the kids and try to do as much work as they kids will let them do. Owen was very accomodating, letting her clean his teeth and also doing a flouride shower.

The aforementioned flouride shower.


Dr. Eric came in and Owen said, "Hi, Eric!" He lay all the way back and let him count his teeth, 20 in all. Owen counted as well, but only came up with 7 teeth!


They took his picture and put it on the "No Cavity Club" wall. He got to put a sticker on his picture, which he was very excited about.

And here he is at home proudly showing off his dental loot. He got a plethora of stickers, a new toothbrush and toothpaste, a Matchbox car, and a glove that the dentist made into a ballon for him.

3 comments:

Gaye Youngman said...

Owen, you are such a big boy! Auntie Gaye is so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I just showed the kids the pics. Dominic said matter of factly " I guess he doesn't like the sun part"

I saw the wheels turning in his head. I think he's gonna wear his sunglasses when we go to the dentist next week! LOL

Mama Muhs said...

Dominic is so funny! Those aren't even ours. They actually have those there and offer them to the kids. I thought it was too cute!