CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Damn that Cameron Diaz!

Ever since Cameron was born, there have been a few people who see his name and call him "her" or "she." Even though some of them are actually looking at him and see him dressed in boy clothes, they still call him a girl! A nurse did it again today on the phone when she saw that his name was Cameron. I decided that Cameron Diaz is really to blame for all of this. She not only has a boy's name but she spells it the boy way. So now, not only am I annoyed with her for her long legs, her plump cheeks, her big smile, and the fact that she was once romantically linked to one Mr. JT (come on, he's a hottie! am I right, ladies?), I am annoyed that she has made people think my son is girl. I guess it is a burden my son will carry for the rest of his life. ;)

In other news, Cam went to the doctor for his 2 month check-up yesterday. Ah, what a challenge that was! We have decided to stick with a pediatrician for Cam rather than a family doc like we did for Owen. Since there is only 1 pediatrictian in our town, we decided to stay with one we met in the hospital in Des Moines. Hence, it's a 45 minute trip one-way to the doctor. So rather than Cody take a half-day from work to stay home with Owen I decided I could brave it all by myself. Though I'm not saying, "What was I thinking?!?!" and I will probably do it again, it still was a bit stressful. Our appt. was at 1pm and we didn't leave the office until 2:45pm. That's a long time to keep a toddler entertained. But he did pretty well until he almost got trapped in an elevator on our way to the parking garage. Thankfully, I pulled him through the doors just in time!

Anyway, we got some good news and some not-so-good news for Cam. Good news is that he weighs 9lbs. 8oz! I couldn't believe it! Though he's still just 19 1/2" long. Looks like we might have another Shorty Cardwell on our hands! The bad news is that he seems to have some neck issues in that it is always tilted to the right. The doctor thinks it could be something called torticollis, which has to do with his neck muscles. The only thing is that he doesn't always do it and the doctor felt his neck muscles and didn't feel like they were very tight, which is a symptom. So she was also concerned that it could be something with his vision. He doesn't track objects like a 2 month old should, but this could be because he was 4 weeks early. I put a toy in front of him last night and moved it and he tracked it very well, better than I've ever seen him do it. So I'm not really sure what to think. The doctor wants us to do some physical therapy and see if that helps so we have our first appt. this afternoon. We'll see what she says and then check back with the doctor in a month and re-evaluate things. I'm praying it's something that can be easily corrected and that it's nothing serious with his vision but really, I guess only time will tell. I hate that my poor little guy has been through so much in his short little life, but I know things could be much worse for us so I am counting my blessings every day! We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Estel's said...

Sarah-

We have a friend who has a son who had the neck issues as an infact also. They did a lot of physical therapy and now (the little boy is 3) and you would never know that he had it. So - thank goodness for good pediatricians and the fact that they caught it early! We will say a little prayer that all works out and that the vision doesn't become an issue as well!

Love,

Heidi

Estel's said...

should have said "infant" instead of infact

sorry :-)

Mama Muhs said...

Funny, I read it as infant! Thanks for the prayers. I am so thankful for our new pediatrician! She seems very thorough and attentive, which is so nice. I actually have a friend whose son had the same thing when he was born, too. It's actually because of them that I even knew what torticollis was and to watch for it. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought anything of it! Thanks again!