CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's been one of those days...

...all week long. This has just been one of those weeks where things happen and you say to yourself, "I really don't think it can get worse than this!" It all started off with my surgery. Everything went well but I was TOTALLY wrong with the whole "relative amount of pain" thing. I woke up in recovery, gripping the sides of my bed, moaning, and thinking to myself, "What in the hell have I done?!?!" It just hurt so bad! I left the hospital at around 4:30pm that afternoon and came home and went straight to bed. It was so hard for me to move at all because I had lost complete use of my abdominal muscles. It really was as bad, if not worse, as a c-section and I just wasn't prepared for that. Thankfully, I am getting stronger everyday. Today was the first day I had enough energy to climb the stairs, thus the lack of posts through the week.

Unfortunately, my surgery is not the only excitement in the Muhs household this week. On Saturday at 11am, we lost power due to a horrible ice storm. We got it back briefly in the middle of the night that night, just long enough to warm up the house. We went all day on Sunday without it. Power lines went down all over and every county in Iowa has been declared a disaster area. After hearing that, we thought it might days before we had power so we checked into a hotel that did have power on Sunday afternoon. Our power was restored that night but we still decided to stay at the hotel just in case it went out again. We came back home on Monday morning, only to have it go out again at 3:45pm. While all this was happening, Owen was napping and my mom was at Wal-Mart having trouble getting my car to start!!!! I kept thinking, "Really? One more thing?" Luckily, she got it started and the power was restored by 10pm that same night.

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty uneventful and then today we started getting more bad weather. We are just on the edge of a blizzard that is expected so we are hoping to not see much snow or ice. They have closed interstates, colleges, malls, churches, everything all over the state. The wind is blowing so strongly outside right now that it feels like our house is going to blow away! We lost power for only about 10 minutes this evening and are praying that it doesn't go out in the middle of the night. After hearing many other stories, it sounds like we were really some of the lucky ones. We lost some trees but that is about it.

Owen had a great time in the outages, although he now thinks it's normal to wear to layers of clothing! Here are a few pictures we took:



This is in his Pack 'N Play in the hotel. We hooked his DVD player up to it and he watched movies in there all night! It was so cute to see him "lounge."


He loved to say, "Hi!" to himself in the hotel mirror.


He carried a box of Cheez-Its around with him during the second outage. We were so exhausted that we couldn't even fight him on it!

Owen and I are heading to Murphysboro on Saturday for 2 weeks as I'm not supposed to be lifting him. Auntie Gaye will be coming over everyday to help me and then G'ma and G'pa will be helping at night. We are so thankful to have Grandma Debbie here helping us now and so thankful to be able to go home with her and get help there! And the best part...we hear it's 60 degrees there! Woo hoo!!!!

0 comments: