So here we are nearly 4 days into December and my tree is not up, nor have I bought one Christmas present. I don't know if it's the exhaustion that comes with pregnancy or what, but I just can't get into the spirit this year!! I had planned to get the tree up this weekend while Cody was away in Chicago at the Bears game. I got the area cleared out where the tree is to be placed, but I didn't have the energy to haul it and it's mountain of lights and ornaments that go with it up from the basement. Part of it is because I really do think I need Cody to help with the actual assembly of the tree. But I think the biggest part of it is knowing that I will have to spend the next 3 weeks keeping Owen from destroying it!!!! I feel like such a scrooge and just need to get with it and get it up!
On a happier note, as I said earlier Cody was gone Saturday and Sunday for the game which left me here by myself with my baby. We had planned to go with him but then the bad weather hit IL and he had to wait until Saturday morning to head out so we just decided that it was better if O and I stayed here. We had an awesome day together on Saturday. We played for a bit at home and then went out to lunch at Subway and did some shopping at Wal-Mart. Not anything special, but we just had a really good time together. Owen was so good the entire time. It was just one of those days that made me remember why I wanted to be a mom in the first place. And then the Bears won their game and are headed to the playoffs to boot! Now if I could just get those damn decorations up all would be well in the Muhs household!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment